Together with our employees, customers and suppliers, we will develop CUP into one of the leading contract laboratories for pharmaceuticals and medical devices in the DACH region and achieve excellent results for all interest groups.
The CUP Laboratorien Dr. Freitag GmbH is a family business, which is managed in second generation by Mr. Dr. Dirk Freitag-Stechl. Dr. Freitag-Stechl studied at the TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY DRESDEN chemistry and was later awarded his doctorate there with a thesis on the synthesis of novel hybrid antibiotics. After a research stay at POLO SCIENTIFICO "UGO SCHIFF" in Florence and a position as laboratory manager in the central research department of HENKEL AG & CO. KGAA in Düsseldorf, he took over the management of CUP LABORATORIEN in 2008. He also obtained the title "Master of Business Administration M.B.A." at DRESDEN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY in the field of business management, with a thesis on innovation management in SMEs and global corporations.
- 1991 Foundation of the "Chemical Laboratory for Environmental and Product Analysis" by Dipl.Chem. Doris Freitag in Ullersdorf near Radeberg
- 2001 First successful GMP inspection by the State Directorate Saxony
- 2006 Foundation of the CUP Laboratorien Dr. Freitag GmbH, Doris and Dr. Karl-Heinz Freitag are managing directors
- 2008 Handover of the management from D. Freitag to Dr. D. Freitag-Stechl and new construction of a modern laboratory and administration building in Radeberg
- 2015 First successful inspection by the US F.D.A.
- 2017 Closure of the Wetro branch office near Bautzen and of the "Environmental Analysis" division and opening of a branch office in the Pharmapark Dresden in Radebeul
- 2019 „RADIOSTER®“ – Sterility testing of „hot“ Radiopharmaceuticals
- 2022 Completion of an ultra-modern laboratory and administration building with state-of-the-art equipment in Radeberg and concentration of activities at the Radeberg site
- We are innovative.
- We benefit the customer.
- We are independent and only committed to our clients and the health of our consumers.
- We stand for excellent quality.
- We understand change as an opportunity.
- We are successful through our employees.
- We manage our business sustainably and socially responsible.
Our analysis results are the basis for important economic and political decisions. Aware of this responsibility, we ensure consistently high reliability of results. CUP Laboratorien Dr. Freitag GmbH is accredited as a testing laboratory according to DIN ISO 17025 and has indicated to the Regierungspräsidium Dresden according to §67 AMG that analytical order investigations of drugs are carried out. In our laboratories a GMP-compliant quality management system is established which rests on the following pillars:
- high qualification and motivation of employees
- "state of the art"-equipment with equipment technology
- regular auditing and participation in interlaboratory comparisons
- consequent documentation and monitoring.